Hello, fellow readers! This is my first update post for the Readathon. I want to catch up on the first two mini-challenges, so here they are!
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Currently, I'm reading from my father's office at the seminary outside of Philadelphia, PA. Later today I will be back at my house in NJ.
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? Housekeeping by Marilynne Robinson. I don't know if I will get to it, though - it's book #3 on the list.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? I don't know yet. I haven't really planned that part. But don't like to discriminate. I love all snacks.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! Well....um...I have one husband, one little boy, one fish, and lots of books.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? I think I feel more at ease this year. Since I know what to expect, I can just go with the flow...
Reading in Translation Mini Challenge
I would read If on a winter's night a traveler by Italo Calvino. He is one of my dad's favorite authors. I wish I had taken Italian for more than two semesters so I could really read it in the original Italian!
It's 10:30 a.m. right now, so here is my progress 2 1/2 hours into the Readathon!
Start: page 16
Currently on: page 102
I've been doing some editing this morning as well, so I haven't been reading for the full 2.5 hours. I think I may switch up books soon and get started on The Girl Who Circumnavigated...
Happy Reading, everyone!
Hope the Readathon is going well for you!ReplyDelete
Hi Lindsey, thanks for participating in the Turn the Page mini-challenge. You are the winner and I emailed you so if you can respond that would be great. Happy Reading!ReplyDelete
Good luck and those sounds like some good books.ReplyDelete
Have a nice chilled readathon. The Girl Who Circumnavigated sounds delightful.ReplyDelete
The Slap and the Calvino book are both ones that I've had on my bookish radar for some time now.ReplyDelete